Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is the information security profession's globally recognized standard of achievement. It is considered the standard that proves an individual's proficiency in several security disciplines. Organizations worldwide regard a CISSP certification as a pre-requisite for key technical and management IT positions. (ISC)² is the international consortium that certifies IT professionals with this respected credential.
Benefits of Certification to the Professional
Benefits of Certification to the Enterprise
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of information security
- Confirms commitment to profession
- Offers a career differentiator, with enhanced credibility and marketability
- Provides access to valuable resources, such as peer networking and idea exchange
- Establishes a standard of best practices
- Offers a solutions-orientation, not specialization, based on the broader understanding of the (ISC)² CBK
- Allows access to a network of global industry and subject matter/domain experts
- Makes broad-based security information resources readily available
- Adds to credibility with the rigor and regimen of the certification examinations
- Provides a business and technology orientation to risk management
The CISSP was the first credential in the field of information security, accredited by the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) to ISO (International Standards Organization) Standard 17024:2003. CISSP certification is not only an objective measure of excellence, but a globally recognized standard of achievement.
To qualify for the ISC2 CISSP Certification, course participants must possess a minimum of five years of professional experience in the information security field or four years plus a college degree. Or, an Advanced Degree in Information Security from a National Center of Excellence or the regional equivalent can substitute for one year towards the five-year requirement.
Call now 443-742-6248
Get familiar with our offering